Cybersecurity Engineer Level I
Washington D.C. metropolitan area
Indev seeks part-time technical candidates with a strong background in cyber threat analysis, and cybersecurity in order to support defensive, and offensive objectives. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of advanced persistent threat (APT), criminal, insider threat, and other unique adversaries’ tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) used against traditional and non-traditional networks and targets.
A good candidate is able to perform Cybersecurity Assessments and Technical Services focused on proactively engaging stakeholders to assist them in improving their cybersecurity posture, limit exposure to risks and threats, and reduce rates of exploitation. This will be accomplished through cybersecurity scanning and testing services that leverage “best in breed” cyber security assessment methodologies, commercial best practices, and threat intelligence integration to provide our cybersecurity customers with findings and information that informs the risk management and decision-making processes.
Indev will also consider contract/corp to corp/1099.
Required Qualifications to be Successful in This Role
- 2-3 years operational experience, at least one related industry certification (e.g. OSCP, OSCE, GPEN, GXPN, or equivalent).
- Knowledge of host identification and exploitation of vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of phishing procedures
- Knowledge of script writing and crafting of payloads
- Knowledge of database operations and system/network administration
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of operation of assessment tools (including but not limited to Metasploit, Nmap, Burp Suite, Powersploit, and Cobalt Strike)
- Ability to operate in a critical fashion in dynamic environments
- In-depth knowledge of network mapping, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, and Web Application testing
- Knowledge of FISMA and NIST 800 series standards
- In-depth knowledge of the procedures of Phishing Assessments, Wireless Assessments, Operating System Security Assessments, and Database Assessments
- Coordinates assessment equipment, including ensuring images on assessment equipment are up to date, equipment transport, setup and tear-down of equipment on-site, and general maintenance
- Operates assessment tools, under the direction of the Government, and Assessment Standard Operating Procedures
- Assists the IT Security Expert Level II with development of documentation and reporting for coordination of Assessment report in accordance with the appropriate report template at the direction of the Government.
Must be a U.S. Citizen and MUST be able to obtain a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) clearance at the Public Trust level.