Washington D.C. metropolitan area | Telework – 20 to 40% per week
We need an emerging DevOps Engineer that will bring high-energy to a growing portfolio of federal projects that range from cloud strategy and implementation to agile development. You will support everything from transformation activities which help federal clients develop the tools, process, and culture capabilities necessary for DevOps pipelines to getting hands on and helping build out pipeline capabilities. you’ll help streamline our software development lifecycle from requirements to monitoring in production. You’ll incorporate open source tools, automation, and cloud resources to cut down on tedious, boring tasks and free up the team’s developers to do what they do best. You’ll work with the team to implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting.
This is a unique opportunity for a polished DevOps Engineer to launch their career upwards.
Specific Position duties may include, but are not limited to support of the following:
- Develops required specifications for very complex programs or problems.
- Develops the requirements of a product from inception to conclusion. Tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce the required product. Provides advanced technical experience on development best practices.
- Oversees system tests, monitors test results and ensures corrective actions are completed. Leads the resolution of complex corrective actions.
- Creates coded unit tests and works with Testers/Information Assurance to address program and/or security findings.
- Acts as a mentor to less-experienced team members.
- Demonstrates best practices, processes and tools, as related to development projects.
Prepares required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation.
- Coaches and trains on development best practices across development lifecycle.
- Develops automated, repeatable pipeline capabilities.
- Exemplifies DevOps cultural characteristics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent relevant experience; Master’s Degree preferred. 2-4 (6-8 for Senior) years of experience with programming, web development, software engineer, DevOps engineer activities.
- Minimum 2 years (4-6 for senior) continuous integration experience with development tools (such as Git, SVN, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Chef, Puppet, Ansible) in some of these domain areas: source control management, continuous integration, automated deployments, configuration management
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting fundamentals
Experience integrating functional test automation suites (such as Selenium) with continuous integration systems
- Experience in an Agile delivery environment, Cloud infrastructure environment (such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) or other application/web servers (such as WebLogic)
- Knowledge of automation frameworks using Puppet or Chef
- Must be detail oriented, as well as able to work well with clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work efficiently within multiple teams.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and work in a closed environment with others.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology.
- Strong problem solving, logic, and analytic skills.
- Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
- Familiar with and utilized best programming standards and practices in a professional capacity.
- Experience designing scalable databases and developing applications against a relational database such as Oracle or SQL Server preferred.
- Strong Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale systems
- Knowledge of Containers (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (ECS, Kubernetes, and Docker Swarm/Data Center)
- Understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers (Apache, nginx, IIS), caching, application servers, & load balancers /application delivery Controllers
- Knowledge of continuous Cloud monitoring tools
Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge and may be required to pass a government background investigation.